Thursday, April 11, 2013

Esau's Tears

Yea, I saw you down there shakin in your sandals

Knowing that you stole my blessing in a nasty lil scandal


But I couldn't help but weep to see this dear brother of mine

Boy you look scared! You'd rather fight God than look me in the eye!

So could you tell me again just how did you hurt your thigh?

Yeah, I been on my own,
Huntin alone like I wanted be!

People like what I hunt and I gained popularity.


But I couldn't help but weep to see this dear brother of mine


I know I gave away my inheretance for soup
But what you inherit I sure can't see
But I can trust in my hunger and I didn't want TA stoop

But then I saw that I lost my pa and I never felt quite right
Because you and maw went to fool him
So y'all got ahold of me birthright.

But I couldn't help but weep to see this dear brother of mine

Yeah I thought about killin you and rippin you limb from limb.
But when I got around hear, I started remembering

How you were my brother and all our history
And how all of my family used to mean so much to me.

I never got to see your babies or tell them about the time.
When their daddy was a little rascal
And the little brother of mine
I'll never understand you or God
And your people won't like mine
But I couldn't help but weep to see this dear brother of mine.


No comments: