Thursday, July 19, 2007

Who are we afraid of?

Recently I was listening to an old audio cassette of David Barton giving a speech on his 8 Principles of Reformation.
He began to speak on the fact that we need to keep away from a conspiracy minded attitude. Personally my defences went up because many times liberals use this rhetoric to keep us from discovering the hidden truth.
But instead Barton went into a different direction.
He argued that we must remember that we are in the hands of a Sovereign Lord.
He did not doubt that fact that there are multitudes of evil forces out there who would like to destroy us and take over the world. However, that means nothing if the one true living God is control of our lives and destiny.
Now from my experiences in Bible college I am very careful not to use destiny as an excuse to sin. Or even as an excuse to be irresponsible. This is why many of my articles perform the operation of the Watchman to warn Gods people away from error and deception. However sometimes even I struggle with anxiety due to large amounts of study and and seeing the constant depressing nature of our culture and world at large.
However we must remember that no forces which the devil can bring up can overide the saving power and Sovereignty of God.
We do Have promises in the end that evil will be defeated.
We do have promises that everything will work out for if we are those who love Jesus.

My friends saints really do have a peace thaty passes all understanding.
This is not a shallow peace where we are constantly having to act peaceful.

Nor is it the peace bragged about by bhuddism. The Buddhist claims peace by being one with the universe. As a teenager I was an avid martial artist and began to experiment with eastern meditation. I remember mediating on pantheism as I was swimming in a pool. I started to float in the water and not move and realize that I was one with all matter and that I was somehow part of a give and take with the pool.
"Thunk!!"
My head then smacked against the pool wall!
I then realized that the universe is not one but entirely separate.

God however is omnipresence and even large than the entire universe.
He has soveringty and is almighty over all things. Being Justified and imputed with rightousness by Christ makes me at peace peace with He that is greater than all things.

Knowing that I will never see calamity unless my loving father wants me t gives me drive. We must remeber 1John4:18
There is nothing to fear but God.
However, if you are saved God is on your side!

No comments: