Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I take the bible literally

A lot of people claim belief in the scriptures.
But there is always a catch.
I think everyone is inspired sometimes!
I think it's true but I've never read it!
I don't believe every word is inspired!
I don't believe that today's Bible is inspired!
I don't think you can just interpret the Bible like you see it!
You need the pope or my preacher or something!
Just becaue I believe it doesn't mean I have to follow EVERYTHING it says!

Well, let me tell you like this.
I believe it all.
I take the hated Authorized (King James )Version of the Bible and I read it and believe what it says. Plus, there is nothing that will change my mind on what it says out side of Strong's dictionary of the Hebrew Masoretic text and Textus Receptus words and a Bible passage that I may have missed.

Tell me what you think about that.

2 comments:

Agent Zero said...

Glad to here that you support the Bible - I've been working on some theories that seem to reconcile a lot of small issues that I once had conserning a few doctrinal points and some other things. I must know one thing though Matt, why do you use the title "Reverend" when it is an unnecessary title to use - we are all as priests when it comes to communicating with God. To say that a person has exclusive vision by his own merit is to contradict the Bible. I believe that setting up such titles as "Reverend" might cause some people to believe that you support such a position. It's a good thing that I know you better.

Pastor Matt Singleton said...

I am an ordained minister.
The Bible shows offices that require ordination.
Sometimes it is good to show this to help relay my point as someone who studies and performs the christian religion.
I agree that it is not the most appropriate title but it is what the common people understand the title to be.
My philosophy is to use the common understanding of language as oppose to argue over details in order to communicate.
There a place for ideal language (like the Bible) but if you are talking it's better to keep it understandable.
I may use atitle like pastor but pastor means I am current in office a church. This may happen very soon but until then I haqve gone by rev. But only writing you can call me matt in person.